Saturday, April 28, 2007

In the beginning........

Desert Doc Here! I just wanted to start this blog off with a short intro and what I am going to discuss on this site. This will be the rational ravings of an underworked, overpaid, but somewhat appreciated remote site medic, currently in Iraq. Here I will talk about Remote Medicine, Wilderness Medicine, Street Medicine, Military Medicine and the people, patients and positions I get to be in. Can't make some of this stuff up!

I plan on doing some "product reviews", pass on items of interest and field your questions. Also, I will pass on my stories for the generations of Remote Medics to come.

I have been a medic for about 20 years now. On the street since '89 as a Paramedic and in the field as a Military Medic for 11 years. I recently retired from the Army and being too old to care about running the roads again, I came back over to the "box" to make some money and move on professionally.

Ok, that's enough for now. Please take some time and look through the links and stuff. These are good friend of mine and companies that I have used during my career.

Doc out!